Ramadan Extra: How To Get More Rewards Despite Being Busy
Assalam alaykum my dear brethren. Obviously Allah has created us on this earth to worship him has spelt out in the glorious Qur’an.
As Muslims we are not allowed to sit back and wait for Allah’s mercy rather we strive and pray that Allah put His blessings (barakah) in it.
I have compiled 5 things that you can do to maximise your reward-seeking deeds in this holy month
1. Use your tech gadgets wisely: obviously we spend most of our time on IT gadgets like phones, laptops etc. One thing is sure that as these come with a plethora of benefits, it has its side distractions or let me say evil parts. I will say that you get apps that would help you monitor your activities. The goal is to reduce your sins committed through these gadgets. There are apps like appblocker, that restricts you from using some apps within some stipulated time but it takes discipline
2. Use your tech gadgets wisely cont’d: If you can control your reward loss from incessant chats, obscene images from your gadgets, you can also earn reward. My friend introduced an app to me wrtten dhikr llah in arabic. It constantly reminds you to make dhikr by saying it it self every 5 minutes. Another one is dawahnigeria.com. Personally, I fell in love with this site as they do live stream o Tafsir in more than 6 languages. They even have apps for your favourite Ustadh on play store. Download for free and listen to lectures without the need to download.
I observed they now zip lectures. You can check it out yourself
3. Your time:create your recess period around prayer times. This would ensure that you get to mosque on time and even observe obligatory solat. What other ways do you have to thank Allah for His blessings
4. Let your money work for you: you might not be able to sponsor radio programs but trust me you can still get more with less. Get a Congo or mudu of date, wash and place in front if the mosque though in some mosque you have to inform the Imam for security reasons. What to do is get an Hausa man that sells fruits to make a fruit combo of watermelon and pineapple and drop it at the mosque everyday. You can do better than that.
5. Keep silent: Silent therapy is really great to ensure you do not waist your reward through unbeneficial speeches.
Smile and encourage others to do good